SWCD March Board Meeting

June 10, 2021 at 1:30pm via Zoom

Contact SWCD staff for further information


As we continue with these warm days remember to water you trees

Self Guided Soil Health Tours

Beginning April 1, Waseca County Soil and Water Conservation District has a Self Guided Soil Health Tour taking place throughout the county. 

Local land owners allowing access to their fields for soil health education. These locations were part of the Fall Self Guided Soil Health Tour, so this is your chance to see the difference from Fall. 

The Soil Health Tour will run until approximately June 1 or until the crop canopy stage. 

For more information visit the Waseca SWCD website: https://www.wasecaswcd.org/soil-health.html 

Winona County SWCD

Spring Cover Crop Tour

Self Guided Tour from April to July

Map Cover Crop Tour_Map_Winona SWCD.png

ATTENTION:  Farmers, rural landowners, and Freeborn County citizens


During this unprecedented time Freeborn County SWCD Staff can be contacted via email as we will have limited phone access:

Phone: 1-507-320-3725

Phone: 1-507-320-3728

Phone: 1-507-320-3741

Phone: 1-507-320-3737

No-Till Drill Rental

Interested in no-till drilling soybean, cover crops, or seeding CRP or a buffer?


The Freeborn SWCD has drill that can be rented. Visit our No-Till Drill page to learn more!


Thinking about implementing cover crops or structural practices? We have cost share available for many practices. Stop down at the NRCS/SWCD office to see if you may be elligible! 


Our Mission

To serve the residents of Freeborn County by creating an awareness of soil and water resource concerns, by offering practical alternatives to manage these concerns, and by providing technical assistance (as local resources allow) to apply and maintain best management practices (BMPs) that impact water quality while sustaining soil productivity and land-user profits.

Freeborn SWCD in the News

Follow us on Social Media

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
2021 Newsletter Final_Page_1.jpg

Interested in receiving our newsletter, ask us to put you on the mailing list or view an electronic copy here

2021 SWCD Newsletter